The Jewish Community of Rhodes has a long and rich tradition hosting events related to public's awareness for its heritage along with the Holocaust and the actual tragedy of the Jews of Rhodes.
Rodos 2014 - Forever Linked - 70th Commemoration
This year we mark the 70th commemoration of the deportation of the Jewish community of Rhodes and Kos to Auschwitz on 23rd July 1944.
Over 2000 of our brethren were sent on that infamous journey, and 1900 regrettably perished in the concentration camps.
The flame that is the unique nature of Rodesli Jewry was however not extinguished.
Published on 19 Mar 2014
Memorial Days 2013 - July, 23-28
The Memorial Days for the Jewish Victims of the Holocaust from Rhodes and Cos will be held July 23-28, 2013, including two film screenings, with free entrance, at the Open Air Cinema "Rodon"!
Full program follows:
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 - 21.00 - “Rodon" Open Theatre, Mandraki
Film screening "Kisses to the children", Greek with English subtitles
Thursday, July 25th 2013 - 21.00 - “Rodon" Open Theatre, Mandraki
Film screening "Il viaggio piu' lungo”, Italian with Greek subtitles
Friday, July 26th 2013
- 11.00 - Jewish cemetery, Rhodes-Kallithea Avenue
- 20.00 - "Kahal Shalom" Synagogue, Medieval Town
Kabbalat Shabbat service
- 21.00 - Kabbalat Shabbat dinner, optional
To make reservations contact the community¢s office until 24/7/2013
Saturday, July 27th 2013
- 09.00 - Kahal Shalom Synagogue, Medieval Town Shabbat service, followed by “Beraha” brunch
Sunday, July 28th 2013
- 11.00 - Kahal Shalom Synagogue, Medieval Town Memorial Service for the Holocaust victims of Rhodes/Kos
- 12.00 - Holocaust Memorial Site, Jewish Martyrs Square, Medieval Town
Wreath laying ceremony
Published on 04 Jul 2013
Would you like to host an event (bar mitzvah, wedding or other) at the Kahal Kadosh Shalom? Please,